Preah Vihear Temple Trail Run
EVENT DATE : July 8, 2017
VENUE : In front of Baray of Preahvihear Mountain – KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA
MOTTO : World Heritage Listed and Run to bring peace and friendship.
Why we choose the temple?
- Temple of Preah Vihear
- Situated on the edge of a plateau that dominates the plain of Cambodia, the Temple of Preah Vihear is dedicated to Shiva. The Temple is composed of a series of sanctuaries linked by a system of pavements and staircases over an 800 metre long axis and dates back to the first half of the 11th century AD. Nevertheless, its complex history can be traced to the 9th century, when the hermitage was founded. This site is particularly well preserved, mainly due to its remote location. The site is exceptional for the quality of its architecture, which is adapted to the natural environment and the religious function of the temple, as well as for the exceptional quality of its carved stone ornamentation.
Outstanding Universal Value
- The Temple of Preah Vihear, a unique architectural complex of a series of sanctuaries linked by a system of pavements and staircases on an 800 metre long axis, is an outstanding masterpiece of Khmer architecture, in terms of plan, decoration and relationship to the spectacular landscape environment.
- Criterion (i): Preah Vihear is an outstanding masterpiece of Khmer architecture. It is very ‘pure’ both in plan and in the detail of its decoration.
- Authenticity, in terms of the way the buildings and their materials express well the values of the property, has been established. The attributes of the property comprise the temple complex; the integrity of the property has to a degree been compromised by the absence of part of the promontory from the perimeter of the property. The protective measures for the Temple, in terms of legal protection are adequate; the progress made in defining the parameters of the Management Plan needs to be consolidated into an approved.
Running Race on Saturday July 08, 2017 ( Morning)
- Race Type Age Int’l Cambodia
- 21KM Temple Run 16Y Up 45$ 15$
- 10KM Mountain Run 15Y up 40$ 10$
- 5KM Beginner run 10Y up 35$ 8$
- 3K Family Fun Run 8 Up 20$ 5$
- Notice: for international runner will included temple fee.
- T-shirt, Race chip, finisher Medal of 21K, 10K, 5K only.
- Camping 2pax = 20$/ Night
- Meal fee 1 pax = 12$ ( included Dinner BBQ day before race, Breakfast,
- Lunch on race day)
- Bus Round Trip to race point: 20$
** All above registration fee cannot refund, transfer to other runners, and change race category
Registration Deadline: on June, 30 2017
‐ Onsite registration at in front of Start and Finished site is acceptable!
How to register
Location: National Olympic Stadium (Khmer Amateur Athletics Federation)
Tel: (+855)077 627791/ 086 628788
Race Pack Collection:
Location :In front of Koh Pich Theater
Date : July 06-07 , 2017 at 9:00am – 6:00pm
Contact : (+855) 086 628 788/ 012 682883
Important Note: To get race kit (t-shirt, athlete number, and timing chip), participants can present email confirmation/ confirmation letter to our staff. We will offer timing chip for half marathon 21 km, 10km, 5KM and 3 km road race at below address:
Event Schedule: Participants should arrive at the race point/start line, in front of Baray of Preah Vihear
* Please put the right information for Category, First Name, Last Name, Sex and Age
Race Course Attention:
- Temple Trail Run : 21KM
- ( Runner run on uphill route 7 KM, and up the ancient temple run next to temple 1.5KM and down stair 2400 stair case to bottom of the mountain (1.5KM), Run on flat Road 4 Km on the concrete road and run beside of the mountain 7KM to the Finished Line.)
Notice: This categories we permit only the well train runner could do it due to race
course very tought for up the hill and down hill.
- Mountain Run 10KM: this race runner enjoy seeing view from the hill.
- Beginner Run 5KM Open: Run on Flat Road
- FAMILY Fun Run 3kM OPEN: FOR STUDENT AND KIDS
Running schedule: Sunday April 30 , 2017
Race Category Gender Age Start Time Limited Time
- 21KM Temple Run M/F 16Y Up 6:00am 4.5hours
- 10KM Mountain Run M/F 15Y up 6:10 am 2.5hours
- 5KM Beginner run M/F 10Y up 6:20 am 2hours
- 3K Family Fun Run M/F 8 Up 6:30 am 1hour
Affiliated by: Ministry of Education Youth and Sport
Preah Vihear Province
Preah Vihear Temple Authority
Khmer Amateur Athletic Federation
Contact address / Information
Pen Vuthy (Mr.) Tel: (+855)12 920 147
Muy Lath (Mr) Tel : (+855)16 628 788
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.activesport.com.kh